When the homeowner fails to pay back the loan on time, the lender sends he homeowner a Notice of Default (NOD). If the homeowner doesn’t take any action, the lender will go to the court to get a notice of Trustee Sale. After 20 days, the lender will sell the house through public auction.
Should you choose loan modification, the lender will cooperate with you to make some changes to your current home loan to ensure it’s more affordable. The changes include:
• A lower interest rate
• A lower principal
• Ensuring the monthly payment is a fraction of your household income
• Waived or reduced penalties or late fees
• Temporary relief from your monthly payments
The process of loan modification requires you to have some requirements so as to qualify. It also means you should work together with the court and the lender to come up with a new payment plan. This is why you need to consult the specialists of foreclosures in Queens NY before you make any legal decisions.
You will need someone trustworthy to go through your current mortgage agreement and ensure you get the best result from your mortgage modification. We have spent many years helping borrowers with houses in foreclosure in NY, and with the same experience, we can stop or stall the foreclosure process for you too.
For a short sale to go through, you should meet some requirements, which include:
• You are unable to make payments because you are facing financial hardships
• You lack the necessary assets that can cover the pending balance
• The market value of the home is below the balance you owe the lender
• There’s a buyer available to buy the home
• Your lender accepts your offer for a short sale
As you can see, you should consider many factors before you consider a short sale. Be sure to speak to one of foreclosure experts if you want to opt for a short sale in a bid to stop your property from being among the foreclosed homes in Queens NY.